Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

TRESPASSING - Bit o' Fun


"The Stockman" and longtime friend warned me many years ago that the "pips" are going to fly in the future.   He also told me that he'd bought three Ostriches, a male and two females. As a security measure for the farm I assumed.    At the time the investment set him back 9'000 currency coupons. You know how your brain works - I had mental pictures of Ostriches with their lionine booming voice chasing off intruders and all would be well.

It turns out that within days he'd lost a third of his investment when one female escaped, never to be seen again.  Again a mental picture of said Ostrich being dispatched and turned into a cholesterol free meal. Several meals actually.

Well it wasn't long before he informed me that couldn't walk around on the farm. The male had also kicked a dent in his new pickup.   I'm thinking -Who actually owns the farm? At one stage it even went for him while he was on the tractor. "I'm going to kill the b..........d." And he didn't say Bustard which by the way is the heaviest flying bird.   

"If you grab it by the neck, it can't do a thing." he informed me. This could be tricky considering that an adult male could weigh in at a hefty 150 kilograms and that large toe nail backed by serious thigh muscle will do some serious damage. 

The remaining female died and he finally sold the male at a net loss considering the repairs to the pickup. Anyway that's why I did the picture and it needs an appropriate caption. Here's a few: Gryp hom aan sy nek! Trespassing. Whose farm is it? Hey you dropped your hat!

Submit a caption.    

No comments:

Post a Comment